Below are some links that can take you to more information about elements that are sometimes found in homes. Your home inspection may or may not include these inspections or testing. It is recommended that you review your contract with our company to determine what additional services (if any) were performed.
- Radon: http://www.epa.gov/radon/
- EPA requirements for homes built before 1978: http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/renovation.htm — Effective April 22, 2010 EPA has set requirements on homes built before 1978. Check this link for more information on this regulation.
- EPA http://www.epa.gov/– which includes information on asbestos, clean-up, Lead, Mold, etc.
- Consumer Safety & Recalls http://www.cpsc.gov/ from swimming pools to items in the home
- Dept. of Energy (Insulation Fact Sheet): http://www.ornl.gov/sci/roofs%2bwalls/insulation/ins_08.html
- The Truth about Granite and Radon/Radiation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XTSdRn-WbQ
- Polybutylene plumbing in homes http://www.polybutylene.com/poly.html
- YadZooks: http://www.yadzooks.com/home_inspectors/new_jersey_nj/
- Federal Pacific Panels http://www.inspect-ny.com/fpe/fpe.html
Fires waiting to happen, debate waiting to be ended
- Lowes http://www.lowes.com/
- Home Depot http://homedepot.com/